Wednesday, March 27, 2013

insight: "reverb" on flickr

"reverb"
"reverb"

I uploaded this picture ("reverb") on flickr on June 24, 2011. According to their rating system this is the "most interesting" picture in my photostream. By now it has been viewed over 2700 times, more than 200 people count this image to their favorites and over 30 flickr users left a comment so far. Not a big deal but I really appreciate that. I found out that tumblr plays an important role here. Many people shared it on their tumblr blogs, others re-shared it and so on. So a lot of traffic comes from there.

I visited this location a few times during the last years. Every once in a while when I drive by this area I stop to check the view. It is only a short walk to get there so you can easily do it "on the fly". I marked the spot on the flickr map, just in case you are interested.

I really enjoy fog as an element in landscape photography... fog is a friend ;)

This image got featured today as "Photo of the Day" on http://www.solifestyle.com/, a New York based fashion, art and photography blog. Check them out.